Sunday 14 February 2016

Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Review

Got my hands on the Hot Toys Scarlet Witch. I didn't pre-order it, and well, I didn't thought I want to spend money on toys when this one got scheduled for a pre-order, but I was lucky enough to get one on Carousell. Anyway, I am very happy with this release!

Head Sculpt
The head sculpt didn't really look like Elizabeth Olsen. One of the biggest factors that got me into collecting 1/6 figures is the fact that the head sculpts can be made as realistic as possible. Oh well, but the likeness is still acceptable.

Her face in the movie had more meat compared to the boney one offered by Hot Toys.



The hair was a little too curly for my liking. I am actually contemplating straightening the hair to make it look like Elizabeth in the movie. Also, the hair is covered in a shiny material which I believe sets the hair as it is for as long as possible. Straightening the hair will mean removing this material and cause the hair to be less manageable because it will become more fluffy.


Body
I believe Hot Toys did not get an accurate replica of Elizabeth Olsen's body too. In the movie, her chest was fuller than the toy is.




Tried to get her to stand in the same pose. Nope, just a different body structure. I was disappointed. Her hair is different too.


Clothes & Accessories
The clothes that came with it was an extreme delight. The cloth feels like a very durable material. It also came with a number of hands that allowed her to display her special powers, although not quite like the movie, but it is just a figure! I like the smaller necklace that went around her neck. The longer one was a bit of a disappointment because it was too light and resulted in the necklace not hanging like it would to gravity. Boots are permanent and the figure does not come with extra feet, that means that a body swap is not possible. 









Release date: January 2015

Headsculpt :  I hope it was more in the likeness of Elizabeth Olsen
Body: ★ She could have the same curves as Elizabeth Olsen
Accessories: ★ Like the special hands, necklace and the painted on ear rings


No comments:

Post a Comment