Tuesday 12 January 2016

Flirty Girl: Secret Red Tuxedo Review FGC2015-16 Red

FLIRTY GIRL: SECRET REVIEW

Have not got a flirty girl product before, after looking up online for reviews on previous flirty girl figures, I felt pretty fine about the positive reviews right up till now. Hence, I got a set of Flirty Girl Secret Tuxedo in red. 




The selection was made due to the head sculpt offered. This series was offered in either a white, black or red "tuxedo". 

(From left: white, black and red)

The headsculpts offered were the same. However with just a different hairstyle on each.

Here comes the review~ The HEAD SCULPT


The color of this head is very very dark. I have tried to fit it on a phicen suntan and it is still way too dark. The paint work looked shoddy too. The face was slightly shiny and the paint job was undefined.

I have a thing for head sculpts and have owned several. While a perfect head sculpt makes a 1/6 look as identical to the human head as possible, the flirty girl head sculpt begged to differ. Perhaps let's take a look at the beauty of the head sculpt first. The hair density on this sculpt is definitely enough for me to shift the hair around while not revealing the scalp. This is important when I am trying out different hair styles for my figures. 

Also, I guess the people in charge of finishing the head sculpt did take effort to curl the hair. I am pleased that the curls were detailed enough such that personally, I will not be bothered to do so. 

Now, the bad... Personally I had on many occasions the chances to super glue the hair part of the sculpt to my head sculpts. One thing you would not like on your head sculpt is super glue seeping from the head onto the hair. Well, of course!! This head sculpt had SUPER GLUE on her hair! I did not expect less than stellar quality control on Flirty Girl's products. 

The size of the head is a little too big for my liking. PROPORTIONS! Fitted on a phicen SS, and a play toy body (considering the play toy body is already pretty large), the head "fits" the body like someone used "real life photoshop" to blow the proportions wrong. 

AND, I DIDN'T GET TO FIT THE HEAD ONTO ANY 1/6 BODY I OWNED! I have play toy, very cool, phicen, hot toys female bodies, but it would fit on NONE of them. NONE!!! Well, this made me really furious because I have practically bought something that I can't use. I have a set of drill in the house. I will probably get to drilling a bigger hole out of the head. Usually a head sculpt will fit most bodies because there is a ball joint inside the head that is made out of a flexible material. However, the head sculpt provided by Flirty Girl was rock hard! I could even witness super glue hardening around the female ball joint. Well, guess the head won't be on the body anytime soon.

The head sculpt on the left is a Kumik. Even though the head connector is smaller, the material is flexible. 

THE COSTUME
My immediate reaction upon opening the package was "mmm.. is this going to fit any female body, it is so small!!!" Well, yes and no! 

So I have a broken phicen body I usually use to test if new clothes will stain my current bodies. I am really impatient, so I left the clothes onto my broken phicen for about 24 hrs. 

THE RESULTS
The clothes did not stain the phicen body! GOOD NEWS! I use this on a stainless steel Suntan phicen body. (S02A)


 The problem with the 'tuxedo' is, the left and right is disproportionate. The right side seems to cover more of the breast while the left is made with less material, resulting in the tuxedo snaking down the body.


The view from the back is fine.

Shoes could be better painted. It leaves a huge gap on phicen's feet.


OVERALL REACTION
Nah, I will never buy another flirty girl product. 


Photo: Size of head, hair density, super glue on hair,


No comments:

Post a Comment